Potty Training Help!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Your Pea Soup is the Yummiest Food in the Whole Wide World!

My oldest daughter doesn't eat.  Well, I take that back.  She eats fruit, some veggies, yogurt, peanut butter and jelly/honey sandwiches, crackers, and chicken nuggets.  Oh, she also likes rice with cheerios in it for some reason.  However, she recently decided that she liked some Pea Soup that I had made in the Crock Pot and it was an amazing moment for us.
She was sitting at the kitchen table and we were eating the pea soup.
Olivia:  Mommy, I really like this pea soup and corn bread!
Me: (very surprised) Wow!  Thanks!  I'm glad you like it!  I think that might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me...wait, no it isn't.  Do you know what is?
Olivia:  What?
Me:  The nicest thing you have ever said to me is "I love you!"
Olivia:  I love you, too, Mommy!

How could I ask for more?  She told me she liked my nutritious meal and she told me she loved me-what a great day.

Here's the recipe:
1 bag of split peas
4-8 carrots (chopped)
1 onion (diced)
1 ham hock
enough water to cover everything-possibly up to 4 cups

Instructions:
Put everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hrs. or on high for 4-6 hours.
We always serve it with corn bread.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment