Potty Training Help!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Home Made Spaghetti Sauce

I have recently discovered how to make spaghetti sauce.  I don't know if others are like me or not, but a long time ago I made up my mind that I could not make a few things: namely, spaghetti sauce and pie crusts.  Now I have found that I can indeed make both of those things!  Making my spaghetti sauce allows me to know where my family's food is coming from, what is in it and best of all-it saves us a LOT of money!

Here's how I do it:
4 cans of tomatoes (whole is best but diced will do)
2 cans of Tomato Paste
As much garlic as you can stand
1 onion (diced)
2 tbsp. of sea salt
a dash of sugar (probably about 1 tbsp. or so) more if you like sweet sauce
Italian Seasonings to taste

Optional:
Hamburger
Sausage
etc.


Saute your onions and garlic.  Add in the tomatoes and paste.  Add all other ingredients and simmer for at least an hour.  It will be chunky and, best of all, made exactly the way you like it!  We use ours for pasta, pizza sauce, etc.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment