Potty Training Help!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Jem Trailer is here...and it filled me with rage.


I grew up watching Jen and the Holograms.  My sister and I would poor up our hair, paint our faces like Jem and Kimber, touch our earrings and say "Showtime, Synergy!"  We loved that Jem was the CEO of her own company, struggled with her double life, a great guy, and always defeated the Misfits.  We didn't know it at the time, but it was more than just a silly kids cartoon.  In my childhood, it was really the only time we saw a female character take charge, be smart, and kick ads!  She wasn't someone's sidekick!  She was the HBIC!  We loved Jem.  We wanted to be her not because she was good at manipulating men or was pretty, because she was talented and stood up for herself.
 
This show meant so much to me that I introduced it to my girls.  They felt the same way.
Naturally, when we found out that there was going to be a Jem movie we were thrilled.  Then we watched the trailer (below)

 
 
What, in the name of all that is Holy is that?  That's not Jem!  Why the Hell would they turn Jem's awesome story into some stupid teen drama?  Jem is supposed to be a grown woman!  Where are the Holograms?  Where is the sense of how goddamn cool Jen is?  Where the frick are the Misfits?  That's Rio? NO! 
Honestly, I don't even know how to end this post.  I just....ugh.  Feel free to write profanity filled rants in the comments.  Jem wasn't perfect, but she was pretty damn great.  Maybe some day they'll get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment